Receive Alcohol & Tobacco Updates The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) seeks to reduce alcohol smuggling and contra-band cigarette trafficking activity, divest criminal and terrorist organizations of monies derived from this illicit activity and significantly reduce tax revenue losses to the States.
As of January 1st, 2003, the Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau (TTB), is responsible for all inquiries in regards to regulating the alcohol and tobacco industries and Special Occupational Tax, and for the collection of Firearms and Ammunition Excise Taxes imposed on manufacturers and importers of these products. Please contact the TTB at www.ttb.gov.
PACT Act Registration Information
ATF F 5070.1—Prevent All Cigarette Trafficking (PACT) Act Registration Form
ATF F 5070.1A—Prevent All Cigarette Trafficking (PACT) Act Registration Form Continuation Sheet
Submit Registration To:
Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives
Submit Registration via Email To:
Prevent All Cigarette Trafficking Act of 2009 (PACT Act) Notice
On March 31, 2010, President Obama signed into law the Prevent All Cigarette Trafficking Act of 2009 (PACT Act). The law goes into effect on June 29, 2010. Please review the PACT Act registration information and publications below for updated information.
Prevent All Cigarette Trafficking (PACT) Act—Publications
- Agency Information Collection Activities: Proposed eCollection; eComments Requested – Action: 60-day Notice of Information Collection Under Review: Tobacco Inventory Report and Direct Sales Report —4/2/14
- Registering as a Foreign Manufacturer Pursuant to 15 U.S.C. Section 376—9/4/13
- Open Letter to All State AG and State TTA—10/21/10
- Open Letter to All Persons Who Sell or Shop For Profit Cigarettes—10/21/10
- Open Letter to All Common Carriers or Other Delivery Services Who Transport Deliver Cigarettes—10/21/10
- TTB Ruling 2010-4—Cigarette-making Machines in Retail Establishments—11/04/10—(Please Read Notice)
- Notice of Proposed Rulemaking—Implementation of the USA PATRIOT Improvement and Reauthorization Act of 2005 Regarding Trafficking in Contraband Cigarettes or Smokeless Tobacco —07/28/10
- ATF Letter To Tribal Leaders on the PACT Act —05/19/10
- State Excise Tax Rate on Cigarettes (June 2010) —06/30/10
- OIG Report I-2009-005—Review of ATF’s Efforts to Prevent the Diversion of Tobacco, Evaluation and Inspections
- GAO Report August 2002 —Internet Cigarette Sales – Giving ATF Investigative Authority May Improve Reporting and Enforcement
- ATF Industry Circular 2000-4—Sale Of Certain Tobacco Products And Cigarette Papers And Tubes On Or After February 7, 2001