Here you will find information regarding ATF’s mission in regulating the firearms industry and some of our law enforcement programs used to battle violent crime.
- ATF at SHOT Show
- Latest news from ATF relevant to Federal Firearms Licensees
- Informative information found under "How To" and "Learn About"
- Form 4473, eForm 4473, and ATF Form 4473 FAQs
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Publications, Forms, and Newsletters
- National Firearms Act (NFA)
- Background Checks
- Firearms Tracing – The National Tracing Center (NTC) is the only organization authorized to trace U.S. and foreign manufactured firearms for international, Federal, State, and local law enforcement agencies.
- National Integrated Ballistic Information Network (NIBIN) – Information about ATF’s automated ballistic imaging technology.
- Firearms Publications – Publications put out by ATF covering subjects like National Firearms Act (NFA), State Laws and Ordinances, Firearms Curios and Relics List, etc.
- Firearms and Ammunition Technology provides expert technical support to ATF, other Federal agencies, State and local law enforcement, the firearms industry, Congress and the general public. This includes, but not limited to, the following areas:
- Responses to technical inquiries
- Testing and classification of products submitted
- Curios & Relic (C&R) determinations
- Import Evaluations
- Providing marking variances to the firearms industry