Frequently Asked Questions
- Q: How do I obtain a current statistical report from the U.S. Bomb Data Center?
- Contact the U.S. Bomb Data Center by calling the 1-800-461-8841, Reports will be provided to authorized federal, state, local law enforcement and fire service agencies. Other request will be consider on a need-to-know basis.
- Q: How often is data posted to the Database?
- Data is entered as soon as the U.S. Bomb Data Center has received the information: Incidents case information is updated throughout the case history of the file.
- Q: Who can submit information to the U.S. Bomb Data Center?
- Information is submitted by federal law enforcement agencies periodically. Other state and local law enforcement agencies provide information in a volunteer basis. The principle Federal contributors in the data collection effort are ATF, The Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI), and the United States Fire Administration (USFA).
- Q: How do I obtain a copy of the printed Arson & Explosives Incident Reports for previous years?
- Contact the U.S. Bomb Data Center for availability of printed copies; Distribution is limited to Federal, State, local fire service, and law enforcement authorities. Other agencies or activities will be considered upon request. For further information call the 1-800-461-8841.
- Bomb Arson Tracking System (BATS)
- Explosives Tracing
- Explosives Theft / Loss
- Frequently Asked Questions
Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives
U.S. Bomb Data Center
99 New York Avenue, NE, Room 8S 295
Voice (800) 461-8841