Explosives Enforcement Officers
ATF’s Explosives Enforcement Officers (EEOs) offer technical expertise in the bomb disposal and explosives fields by providing technical assistance in support of ATF explosives investigations. Their responsibilities include:
- Threat and infrastructure vulnerability assessments both domestically and abroad.
- Constructing facsimiles of explosive devices and testing as required to support prosecution.
- Preparing determinations on explosive, incendiary, and destructive devices for court proceedings.
- Providing expert witness testimony.
- Conducting render safe/disassembly procedures on explosive and incendiary devices and materiel.
- Conducting explosive disposal operations.
- Operational & training support to state/local, national and international agencies and interests.
- Supporting National Special Security Events and other major events.
EEOs keep ATF abreast of the latest technology related to explosives and render safe procedures, and the classifications for new explosives and materials. They are located throughout the United States.