Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives
Public Affairs Division – Washington, DC
At The Frontline Against Violent Crime
For Immediate Release
October 2, 2008
Public Affairs Division
ATF Announces Technical Amendments to Regulations
WASHINGTON — The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) today announced a final rule that provides clarity and uniformity to the regulations it administers under title 27, Code of Federal Regulations (CFR).
The final rule makes technical amendments and corrects typographical errors in parts 447, 478, 479, and 555 of title 27 CFR. The amendments do not include any substantive changes and the final rule is not a significant regulatory action. The following amendments are included in the final rule:
- Changes to reflect the current control numbers issued by the Office of Management and Budget (OMB),
- An update to the title, Chief, Federal Firearms Licensing Center;
- Current address for ATF's Distribution Center and Out-of-Business Center;
- Current address for registration refunds regarding the importation of articles enumerated on the U.S. Munitions Import List;
- Current telephone numbers;
- Removal of references to obsolete forms; and
- Other changes to include nomenclature changes, correction of typographical errors, removal of a repetitive sentence, and inclusion and omission of relevant OMB control numbers.
The final rule, which is effective October 2, 2008, will be published in the October 2, Federal Register.
ATF is a principal law enforcement agency within the U.S. Department of Justice dedicated to preventing terrorism, reducing violent crime and protecting our nation. The men and women of ATF perform the dual responsibilities of enforcing federal criminal laws and regulating the firearms and explosives industries.
More information on ATF and its programs is at www.atf.gov.