Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives
Tampa Field Division
At The Frontline Against Violent Crime
For Immediate Release
February 11, 2009
Contact: Paul Canup, Special Agent
Office: (813) 202-7366
Cell: (813) 299-1682
Comments Made by ATF Tampa Field Division Special Agent in Charge Virginia O’Brien During a Press Conference Held at Pasco County Sheriff’s Office on February 11, 2009
On behalf of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, Pasco County Sherriff White, and New Port Richey Police Department Chief Rickus, we are asking for the public’s help in locating 3 fugitives recently indicted in Tampa US District Court on Federal Firearms and Narcotics trafficking charges.
Approximately a year and a half ago ATF Special Agents, Pasco County Deputies and New Port Richey Police Officers focused investigative efforts on a group of known criminal offenders committing crimes of violence on the streets of New Port Richey and Pasco County.
On January 28th, 2009 all 8 of the individuals depicted on the ATF picture display were indicted by a Federal Grand Jury in US District Court, Tampa, Florida. These individuals were charged with 24 counts of Federal firearms and narcotics violations. All of these men are members or associates of the Valentine Bloods gang. The Valentine Bloods are known to be a violent street gang operating in Florida and across the United States. These eight gang members have been arrested over 100 times and charged with 64 felonies and convicted on 20 of these felonies.
During the course of this investigation, law enforcement seized cocaine base and firearms to include:
- Norinco SKS 7.62 caliber rifl
- Colt .38 caliber revolver
- Charles Daly .45 caliber semi-automatic pistol
- Intratec 9mm pistol
- Underwood .30 caliber rifle
- Mossbergh 12 gauge shotgun
Yesterday, ATF Agents, Deputies from the Pasco County Sheriff’s Office and Officers with the New Port Richey Police Department, working together in this law enforcement effort throughout Pasco County secured the Federal arrest of 5 of these individuals. Today these 5 remain in Federal custody.
- Alfonzo Lee JOE age 24 Arrested
- Narcotics distribution and possession of a firearm by a convicted felon
- DARKO KOJIC age 20 Arrested on
- Five counts of narcotics distribution
- David Martin SANTIAGO age 28 arrested for
- Possession of a firearm by a convicted felon andThe use of a firearm during the commission of a drug trafficking crime and Narcotics distribution
- Paul David MORMAN Arrested for
- Distribution of narcotics
- Alberto CAMACHO Jr Arrested for the
- Use of a firearm during the commission of a drug trafficking crime andDistribution of narcotics
Today ATF and the Pasco County Sheriff’s Office and New Port Richey Police Department are asking for the public’s assistance. Five of the 8 individuals indicted in this Valentine Bloods Gang investigation charging numerous Firearms and Narcotics Trafficking crimes have been found, and are behind bars.
Three of these repeat offenders remain at large, and with your help we want to insure that they are safely brought to justice. We are seeking information and offering a $1,000 dollar reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of:
- Andrew MONTALVO age 23
- Charged with federal narcotics and firearms violations
- Harold Jason VASQUEZ Jr. age 27
- Federal narcotics and firearm charges
- Michael Antonio BROWN age 29
- Possession of a firearm by a convicted felon
If you have any information which can help law enforcement locate these three Individuals please contact the ATF tip line at 1-800-ATF-GUNS.
Again, we urge anyone with information to call 1-800-ATF-GUNS. This investigation and indictments demonstrate this area’s outstanding law enforcement partnership at the state, local and federal levels working with the U S Attorneys Office to make our communities a safer place to live and work.
Related Press Release — Eight Alleged Gang Members From Pasco County Indicted on Drug and Gun Charges