Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives
Houston Field Division
At The Frontline Against Violent Crime
For Immediate Release
Jan. 26, 2012
Contact: Franceska Perot, Ph.D.
ATF Special Agent, PIO
ATF, Crime-Stoppers and Local Law Enforcement Offer Reward for Information on Gun Store Burglaries
274 Guns Stolen in Recent Burglaries
HOUSTON – The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF), Crime Stoppers of Houston and local law enforcement agencies announce today a reward of up to $5,000 for information leading to the arrest and conviction of persons responsible for eight burglaries at Federal Firearms Licensees (FFLs) in the Houston area.
In the last six weeks approximately 274 firearms were stolen from eight burglaries. ATF is requesting the public’s assistance in recovering these firearms to prevent their use in violent crimes, said Gary Orchowski, ATF Acting Special Agent in Charge of the Houston Field Division. ATF is working with Harris County Sheriff’s Office, Harris County Constable’s Office Precinct 4, Houston Police Department, FBI, Brazos County Sheriff’s Office and West Columbia Police Department to investigate these burglaries.
The burglaries in question are listed below:
- Cypress Jewelry and Loan (12-2-11), 11133 Huffmeister, Cypress, TX, 37 firearms stolen, ATF and Harris Co Pct 4.
- Great Texas Gun Company (12-17-11), 6951 State Highway 21 East, Bryan, TX, 80 firearms stolen, ATF and Brazos County SO. (Reward previously offered.)
- Fiesta Pawn (12-24-11), 12726 North Freeway, Houston, Texas 77060, no firearms, Harris County SO, ATF.
- People's Pawn (1-4-12), 11431 North Freeway, Houston, Texas, 10 firearms and electronics, ATF and Houston PD.
- Amex Pawn (1-4-12), 12303 Veteran's Memorial, Houston, Texas, 131 firearms stolen, ATF and HCSO.
- JJ Enterprise Sporting Goods (1-7-12), 505 E. Brazos Ave, West Columbia, Texas (Brazoria County), 16 firearms stolen, ATF and West Columbia PD.
- Value Pawn (1-12-12), 10790 W. FM 1960, Houston, Texas, 77064, no firearms but other items, ATF and Harris County Pct 4.
- Jet Pawn (1-14-12), 6135 FM 2920, Spring, Texas 77379, 3 suspects arrested during attempt, ATF, HCSO, Harris County Pct 4.
Anyone with information on these burglaries is encouraged to contact:
Crime Stoppers of Houston at (713) 222-TIPS (8477)
ATF at (800) ATF GUNS or 800-283-4867
Tipsters will remain anonymous and can be eligible for up to $5,000 for arrest and charging/conviction of persons responsible for these crimes.
ATF is the federal agency with jurisdiction for investigating firearms crimes and regulating the firearms industry. More information on ATF can be found at www.atf.gov.