ATF protects the public from crimes involving firearms, explosives, arson, and the diversion of tobacco products; regulates lawful commerce in firearms and explosives; and provides worldwide support to law enforcement, public safety, and industry partners.
A world-class law enforcement organization committed to safeguarding lives by protecting the public from violent crime.
We pledge an unwavering personal and organizational commitment to:
- Preserving and protecting human life and public safety.
- Fairness, and respect for the worth, dignity, and diversity of all people.
- Supporting the well-being of all members of the ATF family.
- Professionalism, honesty, integrity, accountability, ethical behavior, and excellence.
- Innovation, critical thinking, continuous learning and development.
- Teamwork and collaborative effort.
- Partnerships that promote the safety and security of our nation.
- Upholding the Constitution and the laws of the United States in the pursuit of justice.