Salary and Compensation
Base Annual Salary Range for Year 2016:
$28,262 (GS grade 5, Step 1) to $55,666 (GS grade 9, Step 10) (Salary range excludes locality pay)
Base salary will depend upon grade qualifications. Application materials will be reviewed by the Special Agent/Industry Operations Investigator Recruitment, Diversity, and Hiring Division (RDHD) to determine the grade for which an applicant may qualify. All applicants must meet basic qualifications at the grade 5 to be eligible for the position.
All ATF duty stations qualify for locality pay. Employees receive an additional percentage of their base salary, depending upon their locations. The current range of locality pay is 14.3516% to 35.175%.
The full performance level for this position is GS grade 13 ($73,846 - $96,004 - excludes locality pay).
- Annual leave (vacation time) is earned at the rate of 13-26 days per year, with a maximum accumulation of 240 hours per year.
- Sick leave is earned at the rate of 13 days per year and may be accumulated without limit.
- Paid holidays.
- Low cost health insurance with the option to choose from a variety of plans.
- Low cost life insurance.
- Tax-deferred Thrift Savings Plan (TSP).
- Health improvement (physical fitness) program.
- The Foreign Language Award Program authorizes cash awards for ATF employees who possess and make substantial use of one or more foreign language(s) in the performance of their official duties. The cash award is based upon proficiency and substantial usage.