Sample Block

Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives

If my firearms are stolen or lost, what do I do about my records?

Take an inventory of stock on hand and enter “stolen” or “lost” and the date in the disposition section of the “bound book” for those stolen or lost firearms. In addition, at the time a licensee reports the theft or loss on the ATF toll free line, the licensee will be provided a control number that should be placed in the records as well as on ATF Form 3310.11, Federal Firearms Licensee Theft/Loss Report.