Sample Block

Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives

Our licensed fireworks club manufactures fireworks for use during club shoots. The fireworks are manufactured by several club members. What are the procedures for transporting the fireworks to club events at different locations?

By way of background, in order for the manufacturing and transportation to be considered under the authority of a Federal explosives license or permit, the manufacturing and transportation of fireworks by volunteer club members must be supervised by an authorized member of the club, such as an officer of the club, who is listed as a responsible person on the license or permit application. Further, these fireworks must be transported in compliance with USDOT regulations.