Sample Block

Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives

What happens when a State acquires an unregistered NFA firearm through seizure or abandonment?

When a State wants to keep such NFA firearms for official use, they must be registered by filing ATF Form 10 (5320.10) with the Bureau of ATF, NFA Branch.

Since approval of the Form 10 is conditioned on an “official use only” basis, subsequent transfers will not be approved except if the transfer is to another government agency for official use.

[27 CFR 479.104]