Sample Block

Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives

Where should I report production of silencers, short-barreled rifles, or short-barreled shotguns?

Production of items that are not currently listed on the AFMER form should be recorded in section 8(g), Miscellaneous Firearms. Identify the type of miscellaneous firearm by writing it in section 8(g) or, if necessary, on a separate sheet of paper. If there are multiple types of miscellaneous firearms to be reported, please separate the totals by type instead of just providing a total for all miscellaneous firearms. Future versions of the AFMER form will provide categories for additional types of firearms. If you are uncertain where to report an item, you can contact FESD Program Analyst Tom DiDomenico at (304) 616-4590 for guidance.