ATF's National Response Team (NRT)
How ATF assists State/Local Law Enforcement and Fire Agencies
The primary mission of the National Response Team (NRT) is to concentrate ATF explosives and fire investigative resources and expertise on complex large-scale fire and explosion incidents.
- > 820 - Number of NRT activations since its inception
- 2,041 - Number of arson cases investigated by ATF in Fiscal Year (FY) 2017
- 1,073 - Number of explosives cases investigated by ATF in Fiscal Year (FY) 2017.
Each NRT consists of:
- Certified Fire Investigators (CFIs)
- Bomb Technicians
- Detection K-9's and Handlers
- Forensic Auditors
- And more experts
- 24 - Number of hours it takes the NRT to arrive once deployed.
Learn more about the National Response Team at: https://www.atf.gov/explosives/national-response-team