Fiscal Year 2017 Federal Firearms Licensee (FFL) and Federal Explosives Licensee (FEL) Inspections
Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF)
- ATF is responsible for licensing persons engaged in manufacturing, importing, and dealing in firearms.
- Compliance inspections are conducted by ATF Industry Operation Investigators (IOIs).
- There are 800+ field IOIs nationwide.
- There were 137,700+ Federal Firearm Licensees (FFLs) in 2017.
Inspection Facts for 2017
- ATF conducted 11,009 Compliance Inspection in Fiscal Year 2017.
- 5,033 inspections had no violations.
- 1,682 inspections had a report of violations.
- 1,354 inspections received a warning letter.
- 472 inspections received a warning conference.
- 40 inspections resulted in license revocations being sought.
- ATF conducted 11,042 firearms application inspections.
Industry Operations Investigators also conduct compliance inspections of Federal Explosives Licensees (FELs)
- In fiscal year 2017, ATF conducted 3,973 explosive compliance inspections.
- 868 explosive application inspections conducted.
Sunday, June 17, 2018