Are there any marking requirements for display fireworks that are manufactured as a hobby and do not enter commerce?

There are no marking requirements for fireworks manufactured for personal, non-business use.  Fireworks imported or manufactured for use by the importer or manufacturer need not be marked if they will not be offered for sale or distribution.  However, any subsequent distribution of display fireworks without the proper markings required by 27 CFR § 555.109 would be a violation of Federal explosives laws. Import markings are required to be placed on display fireworks for sale or distribution within 15 days following their release from U.S. Customs custody.  Federal explosives licensees and permittees must maintain a record of manufacture if the fireworks do not enter into commerce.
Last Reviewed February 11, 2016