May a licensed manufacturer, importer, or dealer distribute explosive materials to non-licensees and non-permittees?

No. Every person who receives explosive materials must first obtain a Federal explosives license or permit. Distribution of explosive materials to persons who do not hold a license or permit is unlawful. Also, see 18 U.S.C. 845 and 27 CFR 555.141 for exemptions. [18 U.S.C. 842(a), 842(b); 27 CFR 555.26(a), 555.106]

Last Reviewed November 6, 2015