Must a person who engages in the business of both manufacturing and importing at the same location have both licenses?

Yes. The licenses for manufacturing and importing allow a person to engage in separate and distinct activities and a separate license is required for each activity. However, a manufacturer or an importer does not need a separate dealer’s license to also distribute explosive materials from the licensed premises. [27 CFR 555.41(b)]

Last Reviewed September 28, 2018