We hold an explosives importer license under which we import display fireworks for our company’s displays. Do we have to mark imported display fireworks if we only use the fireworks for company display shows?

No. If all of your imported fireworks are used for your company’s display shows, no import markings are required. However, any subsequent distribution of display fireworks without the proper markings required by 27 CFR § 555.109 would place you in violation of Federal explosives laws. Import markings are required to be placed on display fireworks for sale or distribution within 15 days following their release from U.S. Customs custody.
Last Reviewed January 7, 2019