What may a licensed explosives importer do?

A licensed importer may engage in the business of importing or bringing explosive materials into the United States for purposes of sale or distribution. It is not necessary for a licensed importer to also obtain a dealer’s license or permit to engage in business on his or her licensed premises as a dealer in explosive materials (see also Question 52 and Question 53).

[27 CFR 555.11: definition of "importer", 27 CFR 555.41(b)(2)]

Last Reviewed September 28, 2018