Am I eligible to file a claim with ATF under the FTCA?

Individuals, businesses, or governmental entities that have a claim for money damages resulting from personal injury or property loss or damage caused by ATF employees acting within the scope of their employment may file a claim with ATF. Please note the exceptions to the FTCA, which can be found at 28 U.S.C. § 2680. A claim may be submitted by the injured party or by a duly authorized agent or legal representative.

Claims alleging personal injury or property loss, or damage caused by another federal agency, and not alleged to be caused by ATF, should be sent directly to that agency and should not be sent to ATF.

Last Reviewed December 12, 2023