- Name: Diggs
- Specialty: Explosives Detection/Search Enhanced Evidence K-9 (S.E.E.K.)
- Breed: Labrador Retriever
- Color: Yellow
- Sex: Male
- Weight: 65 pounds
- Birthday: December 7, 2018
- Training: ATF National Canine Center, Front Royal, VA
- Handler: Special Agent Canine Handler Michael McGrath
- Location: Missouri Field Division
K-9 Diggs is an ATF Explosives Detection Canine assigned to the Missouri Field Division with Special Agent Canine Handler (SACH) Michael McGrath. K-9 Diggs’ job is to find explosives, guns and ammunition. He is also an ATF Search Enhanced Evidence K-9 (S.E.E.K.) able to work off leash up to 150 yards away from his handler and detect more than 19,000 distinct odors.
K-9 Diggs is currently assigned to the St. Louis ATF Strike Force to help combat surges in violent crime such as homicides and non-fatal shootings. In 2022, SACH McGrath and K-9 Diggs conducted a search of a residence in support of an ATF violent crime case.
K-9 Diggs signaled to SACH McGrath that there was something in the wall at a local residence. Agents searched inside the wall and recovered a hidden pistol. The firearm is being investigated for possible connections to several violent crimes in the St. Louis metropolitan area.