- Name: Jerry
- Specialty: Explosives Detection/Search Enhanced Evidence K-9 (S.E.E.K.)
- Breed: Labrador Retriever
- Color: Yellow
- Sex: Male
- Weight: 61 pounds
- Birthday: December 1, 2017
- Training: ATF National Canine Center, Front Royal, VA
- Handler: Special Agent Canine Handler Lorin Coppock
- Location: Atlanta Field Division
He is also an ATF Search Enhanced Evidence K-9 (S.E.E.K.) able to work off leash up to 150 yards away from his handler and detect more than 19,000 distinct odors. K-9 Jerry started his training with the Puppies Behind Bars foundation. In addition to his role at ATF, Jerry also supports public safety efforts by working with local, state and federal law enforcement partners to reduce violent crime in southern Georgia.
K-9 Jerry’s significant finds include recovering a stolen rifle that was used in a home invasion and hidden in a swamp. He also found a spent shell casing from a homicide in a local apartment complex.
K-9 Jerry routinely assists with protective sweeps of national events such as the 2021 Presidential Inauguration, the Super Bowl and large-scale local events.