Is a TTB registration different from ATF registration, and do I need to register with both?

There is no Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau (TTB) registration regarding 15 U.S.C. § 376(a)(1). A company only has to register with ATF, and with any states or localities that ships (sends) taxable electronic nicotine delivery systems (ENDS), cigarettes or smokeless tobacco. 

Last Reviewed October 28, 2021