After publication of the final rule, can a federal firearms licensee sell a firearm and a “stabilizing brace” in one transaction?

If the attachment of the “stabilizing brace” to the firearm would make it a short-barreled rifle (SBR), the firearm must be registered in the National Firearms Registration and Transfer Record (NFRTR) prior to transfer. Thus, the FFL must first register the SBR through an e-Form1 and then further transfer on an ATF Form 4.

Last Reviewed March 23, 2023