- Submit through the eForms system an Application to Make and Register a Firearm, ATF Form 1 (E-Form 1) before May 31, 2023.*
- Permanently remove or alter the “stabilizing brace” so that it cannot be reattached, thereby removing it from regulation as a “firearm” under the National Firearms Act (NFA).
- Remove the short barrel and attach a 16-inch or longer rifled barrel to the firearm, thereby removing it from the provisions of the NFA.
- Turn the firearm into your local ATF office.
- Destroy the firearm. For more information, view the How to Properly Destroy Firearms information graphic.
Note: As long as you have all firearm information required to submit an ATF Form 1, then you do not need to be in immediate physical possession of the firearm. However, if you do NOT have all of the firearm information to submit an ATF Form 1 before May 31, 2023, upon your return from deployment you must immediately exercise one of the non-registry options. After exercising either the brace removal or barrel replacement options, should you still wish to make a SBR, you will need to file an ATF Form 1, submit the standard $200 tax, and await approval prior to making your firearm.