Does the GCA regulate ammunition businesses?

Yes. A license is required to import or manufacture ammunition. However, a license is not required to deal only in ammunition. Ammunition includes cartridge cases, primers, bullets or propellant powder designed for use in any firearm other than an antique firearm.

[18 U.S.C. 921(a)(17), 922(a)(1)(B) and 923(a); 27 CFR 478.11]

Last Reviewed October 29, 2018