Does a person need to obtain a new license if an existing firearms business is moved to a new location?

Yes. To change a business location, a licensee must file an application for an amended license (ATF Form 5300.38) not less than 30 days prior to the move. An amended license must be obtained before commencing business at the new location. Once the new license is obtained, the licensee may no longer conduct business at the former business premises.

Last Reviewed July 15, 2020