How does one get a federal firearms license (FFL)?

Submit ATF Form 7/7CR, Application for Federal Firearms License with the appropriate fee, in accordance with the instructions on the form to ATF. This form is for all FFL types, including type 03 Collector of Curios and Relics. An application packet may be obtained by contacting the ATF Distribution Center. If you have more than one Responsible Person (RP), you must also submit a Supplement to ATF Form 7/7CR for each additional RP.

[18 U.S.C. 923; 27 CFR 478.44]

Last Reviewed July 15, 2020