If I have a disability and need a “stabilizing brace” to operate the firearm (as it was originally designed and intended), do I need to register it?

Yes, if the firearm with the “stabilizing brace” is a short-barreled rifle (SBR), it needs to be registered by May 31, 2023.

Last Reviewed March 23, 2023