May a licensee who does not have an importer’s license make an occasional importation?

Yes. A licensee may make an occasional importation of a firearm for a nonlicensee or for the licensee’s personal use (not for resale). The licensee must first submit an ATF Form 6, Part I to ATF for approval. The licensee may then present the approved ATF Form 6 and completed ATF Form 6A to U.S. Customs and Border Protection.

[27 CFR 478.113]

Last Reviewed July 13, 2020