What are my options if I want to sell my “registered” firearm as a short-barreled rifle (SBR) with or without the brace?

If you are selling the firearm as an SBR, which is “registered” in the National Firearms Registration and Transfer Record (NFRTR), an ATF Form 4, Tax Paid Transfer would be required to complete the transfer.

Last Reviewed March 23, 2023