What records are licensees required to forward to ATF when discontinuing their business?

Firearms licensees who are going out of business need to forward the following records to ATF:

  • Acquisition and disposition (A&D) records
  • ATF Forms 4473
  • ATF Forms 3310.4 (Report of Multiple Sale or Other Disposition of Pistols and Revolvers)
  • ATF Forms 3310.11 (Federal Firearms Licensee Theft/Loss Report)
  • Records of importation (ATF Forms 6 and 6A)
  • Law enforcement certification letters

[18 U.S.C. 923(g)(4); 27 CFR 478.127]

Last Reviewed July 15, 2020