Can persons abandon their bump-stock-type devices with their local law enforcement office?

You may contact your local law enforcement office to see if they are willing to accept your bump-stock-type device; however, they are not required to accept them. Possessors wishing to abandon their devices have the option to do so at the nearest ATF office. It is strongly encouraged that an appointment be made in advance. Please consult the Local ATF Offices webpage for office contact information.

Last Reviewed December 19, 2018