ATF's National Response Team (NRT)
How ATF assists State/Local Law Enforcement and Fire Agencies
The mission of the National Response Team (NRT) is to assist with the investigation of significant fire and explosion incidents at the request of federal, state and/or local investigators.
- 775 - Number of NRT activations since its inception
- 1,818 - Number of arson cases investigated by ATF in Fiscal Year (FY) 2014
- 859 - Number of explosives cases investigated by ATF in Fiscal Year (FY) 2014.
Each NRT consists of:
- Certified Fire Investigators (CFIs)
- Bomb Technicians
- Detection K-9's and Handlers
- Forensic Auditors
- And more experts
- 117 - Number of ATF CFI's in the nation.
- 87 - Number of cities that have CFIs.
- 24 - Numbrr of hours it takes the NRT to arrive once deployed.
Learn more about the National Response Team at: https://www.atf.gov/explosives/national-response-team
Published by ATF on November 9, 2015