Fiscal Year 2014 ATF Crime and Punishment
Investigations Initiated in Fiscal Year 2014
- Arson Investigations: 1,818
- Explosives Investigations: 859
- Alcohol and Tobacco Investigations: 26
- Firearms Investigations: 23,462
- ATF conducted 26,165 investigations in Fiscal Year (FY) 2014. Of those investigations, 90% involved firearm-related crimes.
Defendants recommended for prosecution in Fiscal Year 2014
- ATF recommended 12,978 defendants for prosecution in FY 2014.
- Of those recommended for prosecution, 8,864 were indicted.
- Of those indicted, 6, 987 defendants were convicted. and resulted in 30 life sentences and 2 death sentences.
Cases recommended for prosecution in Fiscal Year 2014
ATF recommneded 7,577 cases for prosecution.
- Of those recommended 5,310 were prosecuted.
- Of those cases that were prosecuted, 4,482 resulted in conviction