Fiscal Year 2015 Federal Firearms Licensee (FFL) and Federal Explosives Licensee (FEL) Inspections
Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF)
- ATF is responsible for licensing persons engaged in manufacturing, importing, and dealing in firearms.
- Compliance inspections are conducted by ATF Industry Operation Investigators (IOIs).
- There are 620+ field IOIs nationwide.
- There were 139,000+ Federal Firearm Licensees (FFLs) in 2015.
Inspection Facts for 2015
- ATF conducted 8,696 Compliance Inspection in Fiscal Year 2015.
- 3,848 inspections had no violations.
- 1,162 inspections had a report of violations.
- 1,021 inspections received a warning letter.
- 444 inspections received a warning conference.
- 46 inspections resulted in license revocations being sought.
- 2,175 inspections resulted in other results, such as out of business.
- ATF conducted 10,981 firearms application inspections.
Industry Operations Investigators also conduct compliance inspections of Federal Explosives Licensees (FELs)
- In fiscal year 2015, ATF conducted 5,267 explosive compliance inspections.
Published by ATF on April 12, 2015