Fiscal Year 2014 Federal Firearms Licensee (FFL) and Federal Explosives Licensee (FEL) Inspections
Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF)
- ATF is responsible for licensing persons engaged in manufacturing, importing, and dealing in firearms.
- Compliance inspections are conducted by ATF Industry Operation Investigators (IOIs).
- There are 626 field IOIs nationwide.
- Thre were 140,000+ Federal Firearm Licensees (FFLs) in 2014.
Inspection Facts for 2015
- ATF conducted 10,429 Compliance Inspection ins Fiscal Year 2014.
- 4,967 inspections had no violations.
- 1,364 inspections had a report of violations.
- 1,348 inspections received a warning letter.
- 640 inspections received a warning conference.
- 74 inspections resulted in license revocations being sought.
- 2,036 inspections resulted in other results, such as out of business.
- ATF conducted 12,404 firearms application inspections.
Industry Operations Investigators also conduct compliance inspections of Federal Explosives Licensees (FELs)
- In fiscal year 2014, ATF conducted 4,006 explosive compliance inspections.
Published by ATF on December 29, 2015.