ATF behavioral profilers are assigned to the Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI)’s Behavioral Analysis Unit (BAU).
Supports bombing investigations
- Behavioral profilers offer their services to law enforcement or fire services in the United States and worldwide.
Supports arson investigations
Supports the identification, arrest and prosecution of offenders
- Behavioral profilers analyze the behavior of the offender.
- Link serial crimes, identify crime-scene behavior through analysis and interpretation.
- Develop the behavioral, personality, and biographical characteristics of an unknown offender.
- Use behavioral science principles to suggest investigative techniques in unsolved crimes.
- Develop interview strategies to motivate a specific individual to cooperate or confess.