For Immediate Release
Beloit Man Charged with Armed Robberies of Businesses
Nicholas K. Murn, 26, Beloit, Wisconsin, is charged with five counts of armed robbery of businesses that were engaged in interstate commerce. The businesses were located in Rock County, Wisconsin. The indictment alleges that he robbed the following businesses:
1. Tex’s Grocery on Saint Lawrence Avenue in Beloit on October 17, 2019;
2. Casey’s General Store on South John Paul Road in Milton, Wisconsin, on October 23, 2019;
3. Stop N’ Go on East Milwaukee Street in Janesville, Wisconsin, on October 24, 2019;
4. Mulligans BP Convenience on Milton Avenue in Janesville on October 26, 2019; and;
5. Rollette Oil Gas Station on Madison Road in Beloit on October 30, 2019.
The indictment further alleges that Murn brandished a firearm during each of these robberies.
If convicted, Murn faces a maximum penalty of 20 years in federal prison on each robbery count. Each charge of brandishing a firearm during a crime of violence has a mandatory minimum penalty of seven years in prison, to be served consecutive to any sentence imposed for the robbery. The charges against Murn are the result of an investigation by the Beloit, Janesville, and Milton Police Departments, and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives. Assistant U.S. Attorney Rita M. Rumbelow is handling the prosecution.