DOJ Seal

Department of Justice

U.S. Attorney's Office
Northern District of Texas

For Immediate Release

Tuesday, September 21, 2021
Prerak Shah
, United States Attorney
Contact: Erin Dooley

Shooter Who Injured Two in Dallas Sentenced to 17+ Years in Federal Prison

A Dallas man who shot and injured two victims in Dallas has been sentenced to 17 ½ years in prison for a federal firearm offense, announced Acting U.S. Attorney for the Northern District of Texas Prerak Shah.

Quentin Alonso Cordova, 23, pleaded guilty in June to two counts of being a felon in possession of a firearm. He was sentenced Tuesday to 210 months by Chief U.S. District Judge Barbara M.G. Lynn.

According to plea papers, Mr. Cordova – who has ten prior criminal convictions, including multiple felonies – admits that he committed two shootings in Dallas.

On Aug. 12, 2020, Mr. Cordova approached his first victim in the parking lot of a restaurant off Stemmons Freeway and shot the man in the leg with a 9mm Glock. He yanked a gold and diamond chain off the victim’s neck before fleeing the scene.

Two weeks later, on Aug. 28, 2020, Mr. Cordova approached his second victim in the parking lot of a cabaret on Reeder Road in Dallas. As the victim attempted to enter his vehicle, Mr. Cordova brandished a firearm and demanded that the victim turn over his belongings. When the victim attempted to flee, Mr. Cordova shot the man multiple times with another 9mm Glock, hitting him in the right arm and the right leg. The victim fell to the ground, and Mr. Cordova made off with his Rolex and a gold bracelet.

Using the National Integrated Ballistic Information Network, or NIBIN, federal agents were able to link fired cartridge casings left at the scenes of the two shootings to the guns possessed by Mr. Cordova.  

Mr. Cordova is also facing state charges for aggravated assault, aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, aggravated assault on a security officer, burglary of a vehicle, unlawful possession of a firearm by a convicted felon, theft of property, and evading arrest.

The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives’ Dallas Field Division and the Dallas Police Department conducted the investigation. Assistant U.S. Attorney Rebekah Ricketts prosecuted the case.

CORRECTION: An earlier version of this release erroniously stated the shooting on Reeder Road occurred on Aug. 20. It actually occurred on Aug. 28.  Reporters were promptly notified of the error. 

Dallas Field Division