For Immediate Release
Manchester Felon Sentenced to Ten Years for Unlawful Firearm Possession
CONCORD- Christopher Mann, 35, of Manchester, was sentenced on Monday to 120 months in federal prison for possessing a firearm after a felony conviction, United States Attorney Scott W. Murray announced today.
According to court documents and statements made in court in 2006, Mann was convicted in federal court of robbing a pizza restaurant in Concord using a gun and sentenced to 12 years in prison. Mann was released from federal custody to supervised release in August 2017. In early April 2018, Mann's supervised release was revoked for possessing methamphetamine.
On April 16, 2018, the United States Marshals Service executed an arrest warrant for Mann. Mann was arrested while in the passenger seat of car that was owned by his girlfriend, which was parked in a driveway in Manchester, New Hampshire.
After a Deputy U.S. Marshal placed Mann under arrest, the deputy saw a Glock .357 caliber handgun on the passenger seat where Mann had been sitting. Mann was then searched incident to arrest. During that search, officers recovered two magazines of ammunition in Mann’s pocket.
Mann previously pleaded guilty on August 19, 2019.
"In order to keep our community safe, we must keep guns out of the hands of criminals," said U.S. Attorney Murray. "The law enforcement officers in this case helped protect the public by disarming and arresting a dangerous felon. This case demonstrates that those who commit gun crimes in New Hampshire should expect to serve substantial prison terms."
"Working with our law enforcement partners to combat violent crime and to keep guns out of the hands of violent offenders is ATF’s top priority," said Kelly D. Brady, Special Agent in Charge of the ATF Boston Field Division. "Today’s sentencing is another example of the importance of law enforcement partnerships and their effectiveness in protecting the safety and security of communities."
This matter was investigated by the United States Marshals Service and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives. The case was prosecuted by Assistant U.S. Attorneys Jennifer Cole Davis and Seth R. Aframe.